Below is a partial list of additional internships. Students should reach out directly to these institutions for more information.
- Fundación PROA is an art center in Buenos Aires that celebrates 20th and 21st-century art.
- National Gallery of Armenia is a large museum located in Yerevan, with collections of Armenian, Russian and European art.
- National Gallery of Australia is a large museum located in Parks, Canberra, with a strong collection of Australian art.
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery is a large museum located in Hobart, Tasmania, with a strong collection of decorative art.
- The Bermuda National Gallery contains African and Bermudan art.
- Art Gallery of Ontario is a large museum in Toronto with a strong collection of African, Oceanic and Canadian art.
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts houses an excellent collection of decorative and Canadian art, specifically from Quebec.
- National Gallery of Canada in Ottawa, Ontario, is a large museum with strong collections of indigenous and Canadian art.
- Museo Chileno de Arte PreColombino in Santiago is a medium-sized museum with strong collections of Amazonian and Caribbean art.
- Rockbund Art Museum, located in Shanghai, is a contemporary art museum.
- Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art Rijeka is a medium-sized museum with a strong collection of sculpture by Croatian artists.
- Museum of European Art, located in Liberec, is a medium-sized museum with a strong collection of 18th- and 19th-century Dutch paintings and 20th-century Czech art.
- The Egyptian Museum, located in Cairo, contains the greatest collection of Pharaonic antiquities.
- The Fiji Museum in Suva is devoted to archeological artifacts of Fiji.
- The Finnish National Gallery in Helsinki consists of three museums: Sinebrychoff Art Museum (14th- to 19th-century international art), Ateneum Art Museum (international art and Finnish art from the 19th and 20th centuries) and the Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma (contemporary art).
- Lille Métropole Museum of Modern, Contemporary and Outsider Art (LaM) offers internships. Applicants must be fluent in French.
- Matisse Museum is devoted to Matisse and located in Nice, where the artist lived and worked from 1918 – 1954. To intern at the museum, applicants must be fluent in French and permitted to work in France.
- Musée Condé, a museum in Chantilly, has an excellent collection of Italian and French old master paintings. The museum is located within the Chateau de Chantilly. Sponsored by the McCulloch Center, this internship requires advanced French language skills.
- Musée Toulouse-Lautrec is located in Albi. Interns must be fluent in French and permitted to work in France
- Palais Beaux-Arts Lille is a large museum with a strong collection of European art from the 17th to 19th centuries. Applicants must be fluent in French and permitted to work in France.
- KW Institute for Contemporary Art is located in Berlin and does not have a permanent collection. The Institute pioneered the Berlin Biennale.
- Peres Projects is a contemporary art gallery in Berlin.
- Staatliche Museen zu Berlin is a coalition of the following Berlin museums: Altes Museum, Alte Nationalgalerie, Ethnologisches Museum, Bode-Museum, Gemäldiegalerie, Kunstgewerbemuseum, Friederichswerdersche Kirche, Pergamonmuseum, Schloss Köpenick, Neues Museum, Neue Nationalgalerie, Sammlung Scharf-Gerstenberg, Museum für Fotografie, Museum für Asiatische Kunst, Museum Europäischer Kulturen, Museum Berggruen, Kupferstichkabinett and Hamburger Bahnhof – Museum für Gegenwart – Berlin.
- Acropolis Museum is a large museum located in Athens encompassing the slopes of the Acropolis and the Temple of Athena Nike.
- Asia Art Archive researches contemporary Asian art. Internships are available in the editorial, communications, development, programs, research and library/collection departments. The summer internship session runs from June to August and requires a commitment of at least two months.
- Hong Kong Museum of Art is a large museum housing excellent collections of Chinese antiquities and art from Hong Kong.
- Reykjavik Art Museum is a large museum with a strong collection of sculpture. The three distinct buildings regularly exhibit works by three of the most famous Icelandic artists; Erró, Kjarval and Ásmundur Sveinsson, as well as other contemporary artists.
- Reykjavik Museum of Photography is part of a group of museums in the city.
- National Museum of India is a large museum in New Delhi containing strong collections of Buddhist art and Indian textiles.
- Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art is a medium-sized museum that exhibits contemporary art.
- National Gallery of Ireland is a museum in Dublin that houses European and Irish art. Internships are targeted for recent graduates, though rising seniors and students abroad in Ireland are recommended to apply. Internships are available in the education, conservation, curatorial and archives departments.
- Haifa Museum of Art has an eclectic collection but is known for its exhibition of contemporary Israeli artists.
- Israel Museum is the national museum of Israel, located in Jerusalem. It houses Israeli and European art, as well as the Shrine of the Book.
- Rubin Museum, located in Tel Aviv, is dedicated to Reuven Rubin.
- Tel Aviv Museum of Art is a large museum with strong collections of Israeli, modern and contemporary art.
- American Institute of Roman Culture conducts excavations around Rome.
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection is located in Venice. Internships are available for one to three months. The program is designed to integrate students into the city and gain greater knowledge of modern art as well as insight into museum operations. A highly competitive and prestigious program, only rising juniors and seniors should apply. Please note that advanced knowledge of Italian is essential.
- Civitella Ranieri Foundation based in a fifteenth-century castle in Umbria, it hosts artists, writers and musicians from around the world.
- Castello di Potentino a fully functioning vineyard and farm with archaeological excavations often underfoot.
- International Society for Archaeology, Art, and Architecture of Rome
- Kyoto National Museum is a medium-sized museum with an excellent collection of pre-modern art by Japanese artists.
- National Museum of Western Art in Tokyo is a large museum that exhibits Western art.
- Darat al Funun Home for the Arts is an art center in Amman that showcases contemporary Arab art.
- Jordan National Gallery of Fine Arts is a large museum in Amman with a strong collection of modern art.
- Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, located in Vaduz, is a large museum containing modern and contemporary art. Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein is known for holding the estate of Andre Thomkins.
- Asiarta Foundation is a nonprofit that documents Southeast Asian art, particularly works from Vietnam. Internships last three to 15 months and are available in the conservation, publishing, development, research, translation and design departments.
- Museo Amparo is a medium-sized museum located in the capital of Puebla. It has a strong collection of pre-Columbian art.
- EYE – National Museum for Filmin the Netherlands is a museum in Amsterdam devoted to film preservation and exhibition.
- Museum Boijmans in Rotterdam has a strong collection of Dutch art, ranging from medieval to contemporary.
- The Auckland Art Gallery exhibits work created by Pacific Island artists.
- Pataka Art and Museum, located in Porirua City, exhibits contemporary art.
- Te Manawa in Palmerston North is a large museum for science, history and art. The main focus of the art collection is art created by New Zealand artists after 1960.
- Waitakere Contemporary Gallery in West Auckland exhibits regional art.
- NasjonalMuseet, The National Museum of Art, Architecture and Design in Oslo holds an excellent collection of works by Edvard Munch, architectural drawings of Norway and installation art.
- Museo Larco is a large museum in Lima that exhibits works from ancient Peru.
- Ayala Museum in Manila has a strong collection of ceramics and archaeological artifacts.
- Metropolitan Museum of Manila is a large museum that houses Philippine art from the pre-colonial to the contemporary.
- Museu Calouste Gulbenkian in Lisbon is a large museum known for its collection of Armenian art and works by Rene Lalique.
- The Moscow Kremlin Museum is known for its collection of Russian artwork and textiles.
- Moscow Museum of Modern Art exhibits modern and contemporary art.
- Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts in Moscow is a large museum with an excellent collection of European art.
- The State Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg is a large museum known for its collections of numismatics, Asian art and Russian art.
- Belgrade City Museum has a strong collection of coins and medals.
- National Heritage Board is an organization that places students who are Singapore citizens into one of the many art and culture museums in the city.
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in Seoul is known for its collections of Korean painting and calligraphy.
- Sungkok Art Museum in Seoul offers a curatorial internship for a period of six months. Applicants must be current students studying art history.
- Guggenheim Museum Bilbao is a relatively recent addition to the venerable Guggenheim network and features an iconic building by Frank Gehry.
- Chi Mei Museum, located in Tainan City, contains a strong collection of weaponry and Western art.
- Istanbul Modern is a large museum of contemporary art that exhibits Turkish artists.
- Sakip Sabanci Museum in Istanbul is a medium-sized museum with an excellent collection of calligraphic art and early Turkish painting.
- Bowes Museum houses a strong collection of decorative and European art in Barnard Castle, Teesdale.
- Dulwich Picture Gallery offers a wide array of internships in a museum 15 minutes south of London.
- National Galleries of Scotland offers a centralized site for internships across Scottish art museums.
- The Tate is a British institution with a collection of international contemporary and modern art. The following museums make up the Tate: Tate Britain, Tate Liverpool, Tate Modern and Tate St. Ives. Applicants must be able to work in the U.K. and have completed one year of undergraduate coursework.
- The Victoria and Albert Museum, also known as the V&A, is an art and design museum located in London. Internships are available in a variety of departments and last one to six months. Applicants must be able to work in the U.K. and be at least 18 years of age.
- Vindolanda Excavations at Hadrian's Wall in Northumberland allows for firsthand excavation experience at a national heritage site.