- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program, the fundamental objective of MMUF is to address, over time, the problem of underrepresentation in the academy at the level of college and university faculties. This goal can be achieved both by increasing the number of students from underrepresented minority groups (URM) who pursue PhDs and by supporting the pursuit of PhDs by students who may not come from traditional minority groups but have otherwise demonstrated a commitment to the goals of MMUF.
- Thomas J. Watson Fellowship, a one year grant for independent study and travel outside the United States awarded to graduating college seniors nominated by participating institutions.
- Rhodes Scholarships, the Rhodes Trust provides full financial support for Rhodes Scholars to pursue a degree or degrees at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom.
- Fulbright: International Education Exchange Program, the Fulbright Program offers grants to study, teach and conduct research for U.S. citizens to go abroad and non-U.S. citizens to come to the United States.
- Mortimer Hays-Brande is a Traveling Fellowship, the Mortimer Hays-Brandeis Traveling Fellowship provides support to students in the visual and fine arts, including art history, conservation, studio art and photography, for travel and living expenses outside the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii in accordance with a program of study or other activities approved by the fellowship selection committee.
- Yale's Post-Baccalaureate Research Education is a program for a recent college graduate from a traditionally underrepresented background who is highly motivated to pursue a research career.