Art Galleries / Auction Houses (for profit or not for profit)
College students can get training at some of the major auction houses such as Christie's or Sotheby's through paid internships and some special education programs. Wildenstein and Co. (NYC) regularly hires junior and senior college students with training in European art history as summer interns.
1. B.A.; M.A. or Ph.D. may be necessary depending on the position and the type of gallery or auction house.
2. Foreign languages may be useful
3. Depending on the position, work may be research-oriented or not at all
4. Maximum involvement with people
5. Depending on the position, good business, marketing, communication, and writing skills may be necessary; also, training in art connoisseurship.